Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Life Drawing










Whilst at Disney I would frequently go to the life drawing classes they would have at lunchtimes. It was a good time at Disney, it felt almost like a University where you could study,learn and grow as an artist. The Life Drawing tutors were some of the best in the World and included Steve Houston, Glen Villpu and the wonderful Walt Stanchfield. The balance in teaching was perfect as whilst Steve and Glen concenrated on classic anatomy and form Walt would concentrate on quick gestural drawing and drawings that tell a story. All very different ways of approaching a subject, all very valid. My god these were exciting times. I wish I had more sketches I could find to do tehm justice but these are what I can find for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home