Thursday, November 09, 2006

Barnyard-The Original Party Animals.
























I was delighted to see Barnyard do well at the Box-Office. Steve Oedekerk is a very funny and talented Director/Writer in both Live-Action and Animation and I was lucky enough to be a CG Supervisor at Omation for a year. Although animating in CGI I still liked to thumbnail a scene first and if an animator was struggling with a pose and the rigidity of CGI I would sketch a pose for reference to make it more dynamic. I still love thumbnailing. I think it is so liberating, not to worry about the drawing itself but to get your head into the character and to feel and think out the performance...if you do that the drawing takes care of itself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great stuff richard!
have to say these thumbnails are really inspirational... do you have thumbnails from your hogarth scenes as well?
Best wishes
Paul

11:54 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Nice work! Very Inspirational. michaelwalkerdesign.com

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home