Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hercules






On completing Pocahontas I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the Lead Animators on Hercules. John Musker and Ron Clements had Directed The Little Mermaid and Aladdin and needless to say I was very excited about the prospect. Alchmene and Amphitryon were the Earth parents. I also did another incidental character called Demetrius voiced by Wayne Knight.
We all as artists draw from what we know, our experiences, which are all unique. As a boy I had often drawn my Dad and caricatured him. I explored a multitude of designs and eventually with an influence of Gerald Scarfe came up with what I thought was right for the character. On visiting the studio my parents saw the drawings up on my wall and Dad exclaimed "my goodness it’s me!" I looked and there it was, I hadn’t realised but I had done a caricature of my Dad and it had just come out naturally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home