Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Journal of Edwin Carp















To animate the project traditionally in 2D in my spare time would have taken many many years. In the meantime the Internet had just taken off and a popular program for designing web sites was Macromedia’s Flash. I decided to explore the software and downloaded a trial version. At the time it had been used for very simple animation son the web but nothing more. I drew on a Wacom and found that I could get all the thicks and thins necessary to capture Ronald Searle’s style and was hooked. I started animating a scene per night and that way I reckoned I could do the film in a year. Here are some stills.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

This is great, Richard. I will direct my students here since it's great to see the genesis of this groundbreaking film.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Just so you know...it's best to turn on the comment screening to prevent spamming and discourage trolls.
Good luck with the blog and welcome to the blogosphere!

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home